INDUSTRIES SERVICE INSTITUTE
MINISTRY OF SSI, GOVT. OF INDIA
22 GODOWN, JAIPUR- 302 006
Phone : 2212098, 2213099, 2215847.
Fax : 2210553
e-mail : sisijpr@sancharnet
website : www.sisijaipur.org
The Small Industries Sector has a vast potential for generating employment. The Sector contributes more than 40% on the value added in the manufacturing sector. In view of this, the Ministry of Small Scale Industries, Govt. of India has set up 30 Small Industries Service Institutes through out the country to provide technical consultancy, managerial guidance, marketing support, common facility services and testing facilities to entrepreneurs and small scale industries.
The Small Industries Service Institute, Jaipur was set up in the year, 1958 to achieve the above mentioned objectives. The facilities provided by SISI, Jaipur may be summed up as ;
1. Consultancy Services : The Institute has Technical Experts in various disciplines of Chemical, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Electrical & Electronics, Plastics, Glass & Ceramics, Leather & Footwear, besides Economic & Managerial fields. Budding entrepreneurs are provided consultancy in identification of products, selection of suitable Plant & Machinery, Quality Control and Standardization, and preparation of Project Reports. The Institute has a Library, having Project Profiles and other technical literature on variety of products in different fields.
2. Economic / Statistical Services :
(a) Industrial Potentiality Survey & Motivational Programmes : District-wise Industrial Potential Surveys are conducted to identify available resources of infrastructure, raw materials, man-power, etc., to identify potential small scale industries, which could be set up in those areas. Subsequently, motivational training programmes are conducted to guide unemployed youth to set up small industries.
(b) Conducting Cluster Studies in selected areas to identify inputs required to develop such clusters.
(c) Collecting Production Data from identified SSI units for compiling Production Index.
3. Training Programmes :
(a) Entrepreneurial Development Programmes : A month long product based EDPs are organized on items having scope, for educated unemployed youth in the age group of 18 to 35 years.
(b) The Management Development Programmes : To help existing entrepreneurs to improve their working. MDPs of 30 hours duration (full time or part time) are organized on variety of subjects like marketing, export promotion, production planning, etc..
(c) Skill Development Programmes - 6 month on the job training programmes in Machine shop practice are organized in the Workshop.
(d) Computer Training Programmes - Need based computer training programmes on MS Office, Auto-Cad, MDT (Mechanical Desk Top) and CNC programming & operation are also conducted.
4. Technology Upgradation Programmes :
To educate existing entrepreneurs regarding new Government Policies and Programmes, and to motivate them to go in for technology up-gradation, and to become quality conscious in order to remain competitive in the changed environment, various information on schemes of Ministry of SSI is given at different forums:
- ISO 9000 & ISO 14001: The enterprises getting ISO 9000/ISO 14001 (EMS) certification are reimbursed an expenditure upto 75% limited to Rs. 75000/-.
- Credit link Capital Subsidy Scheme for technology up-gradation, under which a capital subsidy of 12% is provided.
- Setting up of Testing Centers by Associations under which 50% Subsidy is given for setting up Testing Centers, having state of art testing facilities.
- Sub contract Exchange: The Associations are provided grant of upto Rs. 5,00,000/- for setting up Sub Contract Exchange.
- Awareness programmes Post WTO, Programmes on effect on WTO on small scale industries, Intellectual Property Rights, Geographical Indication, Bar Coding, Anti dumping etc., are organized.
- Programmes on Energy Conservation, Waste minimization, Packaging for exports and Pollution Control are also conducted.
- Marketing Development Assistance Scheme (MDA SSI) dealing with assistance of to & fro fare to exporting ssi units (having export less than 2 crores) to visit exhibitions abroad.
5. Marketing Assistance :
(a) Vendor Development Programmes - On identifying the requirements of Parts, Components, Sub assemblies, Job Work of Large scale industries, Vendor Development Programmes / Buyer Sellers Meets are organized for the benefit of small scale industries.
(b) Participation in Industrial Trade Fairs and Exhibitions: Exhibits of selected small scale industries are taken to International exhibitions free of cost,, to elicit enquiries.
(c) The Small Scale Industries are exempt from paying security deposit/earnest money for supplies to Central Govt. Departments/ Undertakings if they get themselves registered with NSIC, for which SISI provides technical inspection reports.
6. Common Facility Workshop Services: The Institute has common facility workshop in close vicinity, whose facilities may be utilized by small scale industries for making tools, dies, jigs, moulds, fixtures, etc. Besides Conventional Machines, there are modern machines like CNC Wire Cut, EDM Spark Erosion Machine, Vertical Machining Center (VMC- 400) and M1 TR Milling Machine.
7. Testing Facilities : A Field Testing Station is functioning with an object of providing testing facilities to SSI units to enable them to manufacture goods conforming to acceptable standards. The testing facilities available with nominal charges are ; in Mechanical, Metallurgical, Chemical, Cement, Concrete, Minerals, Soils, Paper, Paints and Varnishes, etc. An Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer is in operation to give quick & accurate results in metallic samples.
8. Technical Resource Center :
The Institute has recently set up a TRC where information about proven technologies both indigenous & from other countries, R&D Institutions is being compiled for dissemination to entrepreneurs, willing to adopt appropriate technology to remain globally competitive.
9. Other Activities :
- Liaison with Commissioner of Industries & DICs regarding Policy matters, Capacity Assessment, Task Force Meetings, Census.
- Assistance to RAJSICO., in verification of Stores.
- Interaction with other promotional agencies like SIDBI, NSIC, RIICO, BIS, DGFT & Industry Associations.
- Providing technical competency & economic viability reports to banks
- The Institute undertakes to conduct programmes sponsored by Central / State Government, other promotional agencies and Associations.
Copyright © 2008 - 2017, Rajasthan Financial Corporation. A Site by RajCOMP